Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I got this recipe from a friend & it one a favorite here at our house.  Since one of my kids doesn't like a lot of spice, I can make it as spicy or as little spicy as we want it to be.  The flavors are divine, Plus the colors in the dish are just beautiful.  It is one dish that makes a lot, so have fun & invite someone over.  This also goes great with rolls & a tossed salad.

I do have to apologize about the picture.  I made this for dinner the other night & then had to run off to an LDS Relief Society Meeting, when I got home I realized I still needed to eat & hadn't taken a picture yet.  So it doesn't really show the amazing colors & all. Please forgive me.  

Cajun Chicken Pasta
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ~ cut into think strips or bite sized pieces
4 tsp. Cajun Season 
(I use a little Creole Seasoning instead)
4 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 large red pepper ~ thinly sliced
1 large green pepper ~ thinly sliced
1 large yellow or orange pepper ~ thinly sliced
1 cup of mushrooms
(You can either do canned sliced ones, or buy fresh & slice them yourself)
1-2 packages linguine noodles ~ cooked & drained
grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 bunch of green onions ~ thinly sliced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. dried basil 
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute' chicken in butter, Cajun/Creole Seasoning until almost tender.  Add in all vegetables and cook.  Stire for 2-3 minutes.  Reduce heat a little, and add in cream.  Heat through.  Add over pasta and toss.  Let sit over a low eat till heated through.  Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. 

No comments: