Friday, September 2, 2011

Country Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables

This is a "recipe" that I totally threw together.  I hadn't used my crock pot in awhile, so I decided it was time.  I also wasn't sure what to make for dinner, because I didn't have the energy to do much.  So, while I played a game with my kids, I came up with this!  It was so good.




Country Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables
3-4 chicken breasts
6 medium potatoes ~ quartered
4 celery ribs ~ cut in small slices 
1 medium onion ~ sliced
1 cup frozen peas
3 tablespoons corn starch 
3 teaspoons dijon mustard
pinch of dry dill
pinch of season salt
pepper

Put all fresh cut vegetables in bottom of crock pot.  Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables.  In medium sized mixing bowl, blend together chicken broth, corn starch, mustard and all seasonings.  Once well whisked together, pour over chicken and vegetables. 

Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.  When done, chicken will just fall apart.

No comments: