Monday, July 25, 2011

Chocolate Lemon Cream & Chocolate Mint Cookies

This past weekend, I was asked to make a dessert for a funeral luncheon.  I love being able to help/serve others at any time, so I was happy to make some thing. I came up with the idea to do cookies, but those are simple with kids.  But I wanted to have them a little "fancier" then just plain cookies.  So this popped into my mind and I ran with it.  On Sunday, the women that helped serve at the luncheon kept complimenting the cookies and saying how fast they went and people asked if there were more.  I am glad they were enjoyed!


Devils Food Cookies
2 boxes devils food cake
4 eggs
1 stick butter
2 tablespoons flour
Mix all ingredients together and roll batter into balls, about the size of a walnut.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  Cool completely. Once fully cooled, frost & decorate.

Lemon Cream Frosting
Cream cheese frosting
1 block of cream cheese ~ softened
yellow food coloring
3 drops lemon extract

Cream frosting and block of cream cheese together.  Once well blended, add in food coloring {about 24 drops} till it is the shade of yellow you desire.  Then add in lemon extract.  Refrigerate frosting till you use it. 


Mint Frosting
Vanilla frosting
green food coloring
mint or peppermint extract

Mix frosting and food coloring together {about 24 drops}.  Add in mint or peppermint extract.  Refrigerate frosting till you use it.

No comments: