Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta

This is a good combination, especially for summer.  It gives the lightness of a salad, but the filling of eating pasta. This recipe is great, because you can make as much or as little as you want.  Whatever is filling to the family. Sorry that there are no exact measurements on the seasonings in the recipe.  I tend to just add whatever I want as much as I want when I make this each time. The recipe below is what I use for my family of 5.  It makes plenty with a some left over.


Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta 
Romaine Lettuce ~ Chopped {enough for family or guests}
2-3 chicken breasts ~ chopped and cooked
pasta of choice ~ cooked {I usually use penne pasta or bow tie}
about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon basil 
about 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
about 1/8 teaspoon sage
some fresh ground pepper
Croutons 
Caesar Salad Dressing
Parmesan Cheese

Cook noodles as directed on package, drain and cool.  Chop lettuce to desired amount. Cook chicken and add basil, italian seasoning, sage and pepper while cooking. Let chicken cool.  Add lettuce, noodles, and chicken together.  Toss till well blended. Add in enough dressing to taste or you can add on the side, so left overs stay crisper. Then top with croutons and cheese.

No comments: