Monday, August 1, 2011

Mini Apple Pies

These were our Sunday treat last night.  We go to my in laws for Sunday dinner sometimes and I always love taking something to help out with the meal.  For last night, my mother in law asked me to bring dessert and my husband requested these. After church, we gathered up all the ingredients into a bag and headed down.  {These are so amazing ... even more amazing hot from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!} After dinner, I started to get these made.  These only take about 10 minutes to put together. 


Mini Apple Pies 
1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2 large granny smith apples ~ peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar
butter

Peel and chop apples.  Add cinnamon and sugar over apples and mix till apples are well coated.  Flatten each biscuit into a 4 inch circle.  Place a couple spoon fulls of apple mixture in the center of each biscuit.  Add a small chunk of butter to the top of apple mixture in each biscuit.  Bring up sides of biscuit to enclose filling and pinch to seal. 

Place in a slightly greased muffin tin.  Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: