Monday, August 8, 2011

Quick & Easy Homemade Donuts

I got this idea from a friend.  Seriously best idea ever!  I knew that once I read the "recipe" my kids would love it. And they did!  My nephew and my niece also had a blast doing it. It is so great to have kids in the kitchen.  Makes the more amazing memories. Thanks Camille for the awesome idea!  Now, Pick your favorite toppings and get to work.

{Sorry this picture isn't good.  it is from my phone}

Quick & Easy Homemade Donuts
1 roll refrigerated biscuits
{If wanting more than 8, use more rolls}
oil ~ enough to cover pan bottom and fry biscuits
small circle cookie cutter
desired toppings

Flatten biscuits a little and cut centers out with cutter.  Put in a frying pan with some oil and cook till dough is golden.  Remove from oil and add sugar or cinnamon sugar toppings. Let donuts cool completely if doing frosted sprinkles.  Throw the donut holes in and make some little donut bites.

{If you want to get daring ... Don't cut the center out and fry the whole biscuit.  Then when cooled insert a bismark piping tip in center and fill with pudding or pie filling!}


Toppings we use
Frosting with sprinkles
Powdered Sugar
Cinnamon & Sugar
Frosting with Caramelized Nuts

No comments: