Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole

This is one recipe that you can do ahead a little.  I, most of the time, will cut & cook my chicken ahead of time, meaning the week I am going to make it, and then freeze it.  Then when I go to make this dish, I just have to pull it out & throw it all together in the dish.  Then it is quick & ready to go when I need it to cook. 

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
3-4 chicken breasts ~  cut into bite sized pieces
1 box chicken flavored stuffing
1 can cream of chicken soup
*I have also used cream of mushroom, just for variety
1 can cream of celery soup
1 1/4 cup chicken broth 
1 soup can milk

Cut chicken breasts & cook till done.  Place chicken in bottom of lightly greased 9x13 dish.  Sprinkle dry stuffing mix over chicken.  In a separate bowl,  mix cream of chicken soup & cream of celery soup.  Add chicken broth and milk into soup mixture.  Mix well and pour soup mixture evenly over the stuffing.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until middle of casserole is bubbling. 

No comments: