Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

Happy Mother's Day! I made these to give out to some neighbor moms in my housing area.  Some where home to receive one and some were out.  It was just a cute little "gift" to them for being such great moms. My girls keep telling me "Tomorrow is a special day for you!"  Every day is a special day for me.  I am a mom to wonderful, beautiful, smart, caring children and have an amazing husband that is talented, loving, full of service and more.


Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
1 lemon cake mix
 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
1 jar seedless raspberry jam
Mix cake as directed on box.  Once cake mix is well mixed, add in lemon zest.  Fill cupcake liners with about 1 spoon full batter.  Add in 1 tsp of raspberry jam to each cupcake liner.  Fill liners with remaining lemon batter.  Bake as directed on box. 
{With these cupcakes, the jam will fall to the bottom of cupcake ... Totally normal}

Raspberry Whip Frosting
1 cup real butter ~ unsalted
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients together till fluffy.  Spread or pipe onto cupcakes. 

No comments: